Obligations and Rules
The obligations and rules applicable to users of Puerto de Navacerrada Ski Resort are identical to those applied in the Spanish ski resorts attached to ATUDEM. Here you can download the internal regulations of the Puerto de Navacerrada Ski Resort
It will be the obligation of the users to comply with the rules of conduct on the slopes and the use of ski lifts. Users will comply with the rules of conduct for skiers and snowboarders and for cross-country skiers established by the International Ski Federation that are known as “FIS Rules”, which are included in the downloadable internal regulations.
Rules of conduct for snowboarders
The front foot must be permanently attached to the board and with a safety strap, both on the descents and on the ski lift and chairlifts. The foot behind must be released from the straps on the ski lifts and chairlifts. In changes of direction and especially before starting an upward or backward turn, look back to make sure there is no danger. When not in use, the board should be faced down with the straps on the snow.
The access to a ski lift is only allowed with the acquisition of the transport certificate enabled for it. The transport is carried out within the framework of a contract between the operator and the passenger. This contract is materialized in a transport certificate. The transport conditions are an integral part of the contract and the passenger is obliged to respect them. The rules are applicable from the first moment a foot is set in the facilities until the moment when the passenger leaves them. Users must follow the regulations of Puerto de Navacerrada Ski Resort as well as the instructions given by the accredited resort staff. The person who accesses a ski lift assumes that he has the knowledge and physical ability necessary to safely get in, travel and get out safely.
The transportation of underage persons will be carried out under the responsibility of their parents or, of the ski teachers or other responsible adults who go with them, who must know the ability of the children to use said means safely for themselves and for third parties, their responsible must inform them about the conditions and rules they must follow when using the facilities. Children must sit in a seat, never in their parents’ lap.
Transport for children under 1,25m high.
Children under 1.25m tall should not be on a ski lift if they are not accompanied by a responsible adult.
The transport of babies in the ski lifts of the resort is subject to the prior and express authorization of the director of the station, who may deny it for safety reasons, and especially if it cannot guarantee the correct evacuation of the child in case of installation failing.
Transportation of people with reduced mobility and / or special transportation needs.
People with reduced mobility and those with special transportation needs should communicate these needs to the Resort Management so that it assesses the suitability of the facility to carry out the transport safely for them and for third parties, in any case is compulsory having the prior authorization of the Resort.
The transport of animal in ski lifts is in any case subject to prior and express authorization of the Resort. The owner of the animal must be responsible for its correct behaviour and supervision throughout the journey.
The people responsible of the ski lifts at the Station may prohibit access to the facility and consequently to transportation:
- Those without a valid transport certificate, especially those who have not acquired it at the official points of sale of the Resort.
- When considered that transport may affect the security of the installation of the user or third parties.
- To those people who because of their physical condition or their behaviour, at the discretion of the employee, might be a risk to the security or public order.
Users of cable transport facilities should take special care to avoid that straps, zippers and other elements of their clothing get stuck to elements of the facilities. In any case, backpacks and similar items must be carried on the lap.
Transport certificate (Pass).
The transport certificate is personal and non-transferable, the station is not responsible for its loss, and the skier must show it to the resort staff, when required for it.
The ski resort reserves the right to carry out the necessary checks to verify the ownership of said title. These controls may include recordings of images, require the presentation of the national identity document or any other administrative document that proves the identity of its owner, in accordance with the law.
Revocation of transport certificate.
The station may prohibit transport, even revoke the transport certificate from the skier, in the following circumstances.
- When skiers do not respect current regulations.
- When skiers do not respect the content of this Regulation.
- When skiers do not respect the regulation adopted by the station for the benefit, safety and order.
- When people, due to their status or behaviour, may jeopardize their own safety, the facilities, other skiers, or disturb public order.
The interruptions or the limitation of the use of ski lifts and / or access to slopes because of in weather, technical or other circumstances outside the station, will not entitle the refund of the amount paid as the price of the transport certificate, nor to its proportional reduction or the perception of any compensation.
If, for particular reasons, the skier cannot use the ski lifts, he will not be entitled to any compensation.
For the acquisition of the transport certificate the skier:
- Knows and accept the risks inherent in the practice of snow sports, as well as the conditions of use set by the resort and submit to the legal regime that was applicable in each case according to the legal system.
- Have the right to use the ski lifts that are open and to ski on the open slopes of the station, as determined at any time by it, taking into account the meteorological, technical or other circumstances that may concur and in accordance with FIS regulations , to this Regulation, to the rules of internal regime of the Resort and to those provisions of the legal system that were applicable in each case.
- Assumes that the risks inherent in the practice of skiing can be increased by external and internal circumstances and factors to the skier and outside the intervention or action of the Resort, such as weather conditions, snow conditions, expertise, technical level and physical condition, their degree of fatigue, the material used, the behaviour of third-party skiers, etc.
Liability in case of fraud:
- The station may require the skier to leave the centre who, using the means and facilities of the station, does not carry the transport certificate or whoever is in a position of a pass that would reasonably doubt its authenticity or validity or evidence the existence of tampering and fraudulent use.
- The falsification, manipulation and, in general, any fraudulent use of the transport certificate and its transfer or resale will entitle the resort to proceed with its withdrawal, without any right to compensation for the skier and, with loss, where appropriate, of the deposit that could have been deposited, which could lead to the abandonment of the resort, all without prejudice to any other civil, criminal or administrative responsibilities that, where appropriate, could be derived.
Ski schools and clubs, teachers and trainers.
In order to ensure adequate service to their students, teachers and coaches will be in possession of the corresponding degree for skiing and snowboarding. Ski schools, teachers and trainers should instruct their student toskiing safely, which means teaching the ski technique and the rules of conduct for skiers.
Ski schools are responsible for classifying their students in different groups according to their ski level. Ski schools, teachers and coaches should not put their students in take risks that exceed their capacity, especially taking into account snow conditions and weather.
Teachers should inform their students that they have no priority on the slopes while in class or training and that they must respect the skier’s behaviour standards constantly.
THANK YOU FOR SKIING AT PUERTO DE NAVACERRADA SKI RESORT, REMEMBER TO FULFILL FULLY WITH THE REGULATIONS AND RESPECT THE IDILIC NATURAL ENVIRONMENT WERE OUR RESORT IS.